Dec 6, 2012

Finland's Independence Day kitsuke!

Hello there!

So it's Finland's Independence Day today, which is a very celebrated day here.
The TV shows documents about the war against Russia for Finland's independence etc. So I got home early today (had to go to school because I study in Sweden, even though I live in Finland...) and I've been watching a bunch of 5-minute war memory video recordings of war veterans telling about the war most were saddening but interesting to listen to, but there was this one old man who seemed to have a humorous nature and his explanations made everyone in our house laugh! Sure it was rather rough and stuff but he explained it in such a way it eased the mood. :')

Mom told me to dress nicely some hours before that and nicely equals kimono to me I don't really have any other nicer clothes, haha.
I decided I wanted to wear Finland's colors and so my white odori kimono with dark blue designs seemed like the obvious choice; I wanted something more festive. I paired it up with my new light-ish blue & mustard kaku obi I received yesterday – showing off the blue side, of course.

Excuse me for the crummy photos, bad lighting and that my hair is herpderp. 

 

This is not a mirrored photo.
I've also been helping mom to make a nice dinner, namely fixing the table and peeling carrots lol. I noticed when peeling carrots that the kimono sleeves got in the way all the time so I went "fuck this shit" and fetched a contemporary sash aka tasuki to tie the sleeves back with. It worked surprisingly well, although the sash I used was too long not like it was a problem though.

Here's a photo I took quickly while I had the sleeves tied, seen from the back:

I look weirdly fat on this pic, sorry about that. x)
Musubi close-up. This photo is not mirrored.
I don't have so much more to say; I'm kinda busy watching "Linnanjuhlat" right now it just started!
Time to spend some time with my family. 

Bye bye!

3 comments:

  1. What a cool idea this is! The blue design is so nice-looking.

    Also I like the thinking nice clothing=kimono.
    And I can so imagine the sleeves getting in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kimono... *love* And I think your messed up hair fits the mood (pretty obvious on that second to last pic XD). It's cool to dress in kimono for the national day ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is very lvoely kimono! I like~ :3 Like the color on your obi too :>

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, got inspired or maybe even learned something new, consider leaving a comment to let me know about it! (。◕‿◕。)
Your appreciation is a big source of encouragement to me. ♡