Mar 16, 2013

Kitsuke with a flair of Visual Kei!

 Hallo!

Today was my friend Sairu-chan's birthday celebration and I was invited. Of course I decided to dress in kimono this time too and especially so because her younger brother had seemingly requested it. x)
The party would start 15:00 but I dressed many hours ahead and well, because I had a lot of "dead time" I felt like being creative and trying something new that I've wanted to try for the longest time soooo, I decided to do my hair Visual Kei-ish inspired and, while I was at it, I did some total impromptu make-up as well as wore my violet contact lenses (which I've bought for cosplay) to finish the look. I can say I've never styled my hair like this before either, so it's a first time too. Never used this much hairspray in my life before. lololo

Oh, and about the kitsuke it's that dark-blue-or-something-I-don't-know (seriously, the more I look at it the more I can't say what color it really is) copper stripe kimono again; it's one of my favorites I must say. Kaku obi is actually an odori one with black & gold sayagata pattern I've never worn this one before and I felt like wearing it now; I don't know, added some attitude to the coordination. I guess I felt like being at least a bit fabulous this time ~

Now time for photos. Excuse me, everything is taken with the help of a mirror as per usual...


Kai no Kuchi.. as always, haha.
This one does my hairdo some sort of justice.
Close-up just to show my violet contacts, not super obvious on this photo though..
(this photo is not mirrored)
I did put on one of my wool haori before leaving, it was around -12 °C outside. As far as I know one shouldn't mix silk and wool (because wool is informal) but I don't have any silk haori yet, except very formal ones and that would probably not be a so much better choice lol; so I took what I had and I'm glad I did because it was pretty cold at Sairu-chan's home I ended up wearing the haori inside almost at all times because I found it chilly. I don't have so much to say about the birthday party itself, it was quite fun, especially when we went upstairs and I played Super Mario Bros. Wii with Sairu-chan's brother, so many hilarious things happened, oh god. xD

When I got home I took a few photos with the haori still on, this time in the bathroom so excuse the crappy yellow lighting as well as the mirror being dirty...



I must say I found this Visual Kei inspired style to be very fun... even though it took me shitlong to get ready (I kept styling my hair) and I wouldn't have the patience to don myself like this unless for special events or something. Oh well, I guess feedback about this new-for-me style would be interesting. Anyone want to see me experiment with it more in the future? :) Yay or nay with kimono?


Bye bye ~

5 comments:

  1. I like it, your hair looks cool styled like that. And I think it's all good with the kimono too.

    Also, I like that obi pattern. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. Definitely, yay! Although I must say it was some shock (not in a negative way, more like surprise) because of your hair. Really, this is epic XD And it just fits together, the obi, the mad hair, the make-up and your look when you're like that frowning (killer glare, anyone? <3)
    I say, thumbs up for Visual Kei(-mono)experience! :D (and please excuse my shitty humor.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. asjl;fdsjasd OMG look at you!! Wow, you look so damn sexy and manly gorgeous!! ;D I'm totally loving your Visual Kei hair style and make-up! That obi is amazing too and reminds me of Kazama. XD

    Yeshhh! Please do more experiments like this in the future. Yay with kimono!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, got inspired or maybe even learned something new, consider leaving a comment to let me know about it! (。◕‿◕。)
Your appreciation is a big source of encouragement to me. ♡