Sep 6, 2013

Food store + kimono = I did it

 Hello again!

The kimono bug bit me today and so I dressed up in my wool kimono & haori and a lined juban (yes, it's getting cold here in the north already) and guess what? I went out to town to buy some food because the fridge in my apartment is echoing of emptiness.
I had some reasons to wear kimono except for the "because I can!" and that's because, err, you see, I screwed up my right foot a few days ago and since then I've had problems walking; I'm limping around and just stepping with said foot hurts. It's obvious that I'm hurt when I dress normally (jeans and t-shirt) but I figured it probably wouldn't be as blatantly obvious if I wore kimono and besides, it's 20% cooler and comfortable!

So yeah, I totally limped walked into the nearest food store! and it only took like.. forever...
Most of the people who passed by me and Hasakitsuki (who by the way wore a sleeveless trollface shirt! Problem?)
when we were walking noticed I wasn't wearing what everyone else was. But the best reaction must have been the first one namely the guy driving the postal service car; he was staring at me with his mouth hanging open and his eyes were huge! I didn't really look at him but Hasakitsuki did and she mimicked his expression to me afterwards and oh god the laugh we had. xD

All pictures are taken by Hasakitsuki.
Oh, and yes, I'm actually wearing a wig because my hair looks horrid.

Ignore my blank/tired expression.
(and that I'm only wearing one sock, right foot is wrapped in bandages..)
Please don't mind my western shoes; wearing zori wasn't even an option. ;_; I had enough problems (read: pains) just wearing these shoes hell, any shoes. I need to step very carefully on either my heel or on the outer side of the foot or it's gonna hurt, especially if I try bending it. So yeah, limping around super slow for now. I hope it heals soon..

Because it's Friday no Friday without chips!
Just strutting around ~
Not so much more to say; it was fun and I would do it again.. haters gonna hate ~

7 comments:

  1. Hey, I've just been having a look over your Blog and some of the Kimono/Hakama's you've had look amazing.

    I was just wondering where you get them from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thanks!

      Most I buy from Shinei but some are from eBay. :)

      Delete
  2. I was just wondering as well, the Kimono/Hakama combinations you use in some of your Cosplay (The one I was specifically looking at when I thought of this was your Kenshin Outfit in July).

    Were those real Kimono/Hakama or just ones made for Cosplay?

    And again specifically looking at the Kenshin outfit, was your Hakama a solid grey/white or was it striped up close?

    (I ask as I see a lot of Hakama that look like a solid white/grey but closer are actually black/white or black/grey stripes).

    Apologies for the questions, it's just good to be able to ask someone else about these kinds of things when you're starting out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems, I like helping out!

      About my kimono cosplays some use real kimono/hakama/obi/whatnot and for some I've made "just ones made for cosplay". Regarding my Kenshin/Battousai costume it's one of the few which I don't use authentic kimono items for (except for the geta!). The hakama is a solid light grey, it's not striped. :)

      Delete
    2. Ah, heh, sometimes it's hard to tell in photos whether they're striped or not :)

      I was just scrolling through some of the Men's Kitsuke on the ImmortalGeisha forum and found a few more of your photo's I hadn't seen, very nice.

      One in particular intrigued me, you were in what looked to be a white kimono, brown hakama and blue haori.

      I was particularly curious about the white kimono as I understand Men's Kimono don't normally come in white.

      Was that just a lucky buy when it came up or is that perhaps a Juban overtop instead?

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I know. :)

      Oh, thanks!
      Ah yes, that one. Light colors on men's kimono (or hell, basically anything except blacks, grays, blues, browns and occasionally greens) are pretty much rare but sometimes you can get lucky! I have some lighter colored -or unusually colored- men's kimono like purple ones and this one that you saw; it's actually off-white and yes, it's an actual kimono and not a juban. You can find those pics on my blog as well in this post by the way: http://valkoinensamuraikimono.blogspot.com/2013/06/samurai-time.html

      Have a nice day. :)

      Delete
  3. Dat post car guy. Gotta do this again soon, it's so funny ^-^

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, got inspired or maybe even learned something new, consider leaving a comment to let me know about it! (。◕‿◕。)
Your appreciation is a big source of encouragement to me. ♡