Jan 11, 2014

Nemaki

Whazzup guys?
Well, not much for me. 

I seemingly caught a sickness yesterday (and not a funny one...) and I've been living under the blankets since then. I'm wary of eating/drinking most stuff and I'm just generally not feeling all that good. Sure, it's better now than what it was on yesterday morning it was horrible but I'm still being careful. Oh, and why am I talking about being sick? Well, I can't be bothered to dress so I've been trolling around in my new nemaki. Yeah, this kind of kimono-style lounging robe.. or pyjama/sleepwear, if you may. I swear it's super comfortable! I need more of these things!

My Angry Birds slippers are discreetly photobombing.. just
like the rest of the background. lol
So well, this thing sort of looks like a yukata at first glance. It's a soft cotton garment (mine is lined, dunno if they always are?) with small sleeves. I appreciate the small sleeves because it's just more convenient for sleeping.
Also, you close this thing with two ties there's one on the inside and one close to the hip. At least you don't have to worry about waking up half-naked if you are of the kind to roll around a lot when sleeping! I know I do...

Tie pls.
I'm used to this tie-system because I used to train kendo I want to start again ;_; and the kendogi had a similar closing method, except that the tie was on the chest and not closer to the hips. Oh, and you don't use an ordinary obi with this thing; there is included a short sash of the same fabric that you wear with it.
But yeah, if you don't own any of these yet I'd recommend you go looking for one if you like Japanese stuff! I found mine on eBay, if anyone wonders.

Oh well, I'd better get back under the blankets now before I freeze to death internet-camping in the cold corridor and stealing my school's wi-fi. Damn you internet cable for being dead in my apartment for, like, forever!

Sayonara!

1 comment:

  1. toi näyttää kyllä tosi mukavalta päällä ! ja paranemisia ! : )

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, got inspired or maybe even learned something new, consider leaving a comment to let me know about it! (。◕‿◕。)
Your appreciation is a big source of encouragement to me. ♡