Mar 12, 2014

Birthday kitsuke with mostly new kimono stuff!

 Hullo!

So today is my birthday and I decided to wear one of my latest kimono additions. It's dark red (aww yeah!) and blue with a small checkered pattern all over and it's just surprisingly awesome except that the collars love to go everywhere and just won't cross very high and stay that way for more than a few minutes lol.
The haori is new as well, I got it today and just had to throw it on because I really like wearing one! As if you hadn't noticed by now... It's tsumugi silk and has a nice wingspan by the way. Oh, and actually the juban is new as well and it was actually given to me by the wonderful Lumikettu, thank you! I should get around to doing another post with pictures of all the new stuff..

Excuse my hair; it's a bit everywhere and getting too long again I should go cut it soon. I don't have so many photos but the ones I have are taken in the laundry room lol the light is better there than in my apartment and yeah, that equals for once in a while no mirror photos. Oh, and my black juban collars are getting eaten; I tried to keep them in place but they just wouldn't cooperate and disappeared under the kimono! So standard... OTL

Model: Valkoinen Samurai
Photographer: Hasakitsuki


That random stray hair is bothering me but oh well, that's what you get when your
photographer is distracted doesn't tell you.. xD

Sorry it got dark before we got into taking full-body pics...


This kimono seemingly doesn't want to photograph accurately but I tell you the base color is a dark red with a slight brownish tint. I will certainly wear it more times so I should eventually get it to show its true colors, hahah. Oh and sorry for the messy text in general, I speed-wrote this.

I don't have much more else to say so sayonara for now!

3 comments:

  1. The distracted photographer is sorry! (and equally bothered by the wild stray hair lock) But you know what caught my mind's attention *cough* and besides, my vision was very blurred at some point.
    Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff love the last picture so much! [insert flapping hands here]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (very belated) birthday! And I'm happy you are enjoying the juban!^^

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, got inspired or maybe even learned something new, consider leaving a comment to let me know about it! (。◕‿◕。)
Your appreciation is a big source of encouragement to me. ♡