Jul 21, 2014

It's too hot to do kitsuke!

Hello all!

Lately it has started getting really warm up here in northern Sweden where I live and by warm I mean warm, at least if you take into account how high up in the country I reside and what temperatures I'm used to having here. We're reaching minimum 25 °C or something and it will only get warmer this week, maybe even to 30 °C!
I'm one of those guys who just can't stand heat; I start feeling slow, out of energy and occasionally slightly sick because of high heat and I just can't get myself to do anything productive whatsoever. It's definitely too hot to do any kind of kitsuke just looking at my kimono box under my bed makes me sweat. I would get grilled alive under the layers!
I can barely survive inside my apartment in everyday western wear currently and that's with the fan blowing at full power 24/7. I'm breathing inside a toast box directly from Hell, in other words. I think about buying ice cream all the time... </3
At best I can maybe manage to wear one of my yukata, but even that is if I wear it sloppily and with a can't-be-bothered obi (read: heko obi). Well, that's actually what I did today...

Photo proof!
Yeah I know, I look so lively not and my hair looks like nothing because I couldn't be bothered to style it. Blegh. But hey, even with yukata on I need to go wipe my face, arms and stuff with water every now and then.. or at least spray water on me. Ikea gardener spray bottles are surprisingly useful! Gah, I want winter back...! OTL

Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. I know, it's way too hot in here. D: What you mean, northern Sweden doesn't have much of a summer? u_u
    It's not like it's bad to wear yukata sloppily though, after all that's why you have summer. For the sole purpose of wearing yukata and flashing around. Ehem. Survive the heat please! :')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I know how that feels. Where I live it hasn't been cooler then 38c for a while now... I'm sorta in my hiatus time of year! Lol. Btw somehow your IG plight came up as I was chatting with Naomi (fearless leader) and she said she would check it out. Idk why I didn't contact her there before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, I guess kimono hiatus during hot summer months isn't unheard of!

      Oh wow, I hope things will happen; I'm crossing my fingers now! Inform me if it gets fixed and thanks for helping! :)

      Delete

If you enjoyed this post, got inspired or maybe even learned something new, consider leaving a comment to let me know about it! (。◕‿◕。)
Your appreciation is a big source of encouragement to me. ♡