May 23, 2015

Upcoming Umeå Kimono de Jack kitsuke tests!

Hello!

This time I'm back with a looot of kitsuke photos! Yes, you heard right! ;)
You see, the next weekend I will be heading off for Umeå in Sweden. There I will spend the International Kimono Day (Gofuku no Hi) with another kimono enthusiast in the north, miravisu. Even though we might not be more than two persons in kimono attending, this is still an Umeå Kimono de Jack event! My first one, woot! o/
Our KdJ meetup will of course be held on 29th May, the kimono day. Our main plan is to go eat at Sagami, a Japanese restaurant in town – in kimono, of course. I've actually never eaten at a Japanese restaurant before (sushi bars excluded) so I'm super excited about this!

But, as with all events and meetups, there comes the eternal question WHAT DO I WEAR??

Today I did a lot of quick kimono outfit test-runs to try to figure out what I should wear to the KdJ meet. I can't really decide myself so I'm hoping for feedback on which you like the most! ;) Don't be afraid to comment! ^.^

I will excuse myself in advance for the crummy mirror photos ahead and the horribly shitty yellow light in my apartment. My photographer wasn't available and outdoors it's raining and super windy! So yeah, going outdoors was out of the question, even though it would have provided better photos; had I gone outside I would probably have sailed away on my hakama lol. xD
I also apologize for the messy background but this is the only full-body mirror we have in the apartment and yeah, it's just next to all shoes, jackets and shit. -.- Can't help that.
Oh, and I'm barefoot because I didn't find my tabi on a quick search around, please ignore it. I will of course wear tabi and footwear for the actual event!
Actually, I should maybe apologize for possibly messy kitsuke overall – most of the time I dressed in about 5 min per outfit, so that I would have time to go through as many different kitsuke coordinations as possible during the limited time I had.
Yeah, I apologize for everything. Basically. OTL

Kitsuke coordination storm in 3... 2... 1...

First outfit!
Close-up photo. This is much closer to the true colors.
(natural light coming from the window)
Same outfit but with a black haori added.

Outfit rundown:
- blue-gray juban with dark blue collar
- dark/wine red kimono with small dark blue checkered pattern
- mustard yellow reversible kaku obi
- blue hakama
- black haori

I will also mention that all the close-up photos are taken with me standing faced towards the general direction of the window, so that natural light hits me. This is to show the colors as accurately as possible, although in some cases it still looks slightly lighter than in real life. *coughbluehakamacough*
All my outfits in this post will have one close-up photo like this. Also, the close-up photo is not reversed/mirrored.

Second outfit!


Outfit rundown:
- blue-gray juban with dark blue collar
- dark/wine red kimono with small dark blue checkered pattern
- light gray-ish blue reversible kaku obi
- black haori

Third outfit!

Outfit rundown:
- tiger and dragon print juban with black collar
- dark red kimono with copper & sky blue cross-weave pattern
- white kaku obi
- striped hakama
- black haori

Fourth outfit!
With black haori.

Outfit rundown:
- tiger and dragon print juban with black collar
- dark red kimono with copper & sky blue cross-weave pattern
- white kaku obi
- blue hakama
- black haori

I must mention that the kimono I'm wearing on the third and fourth outfit is a bit too short to be worn without hakama unless I would wear boots and do a more Western mix type of kitsuke outfit.

Fifth outfit!

Outfit rundown:
- blue-gray juban with dark blue collar
- off-white kimono
- dark green kaku obi
- black haori

Sixth outfit!

Outfit rundown:
- blue-gray juban with dark blue collar
- off-white kimono
- wine red kaku obi
- black haori

Seventh outfit!

Outfit rundown:
- blue-gray juban with dark blue collar
- off-white kimono
- wine red kaku obi
- striped hakama
- black haori

That's all!
I had quite the kimono pile unfolded on my bed when I was done...
I could have done more outfits but yeah, I think this should be enough for now lol. Then again, if any of you think that there is a combination that I didn't do that would look even better then feel free to suggest it! ;)
Oh and yes, those two first kimonos are both actually red. Dark red though, but still red. I love them!
I also really love my black haori – I shove it everywhere lol. It goes with anything. You don't say?

Well, I don't have so much more to say.
Now to prepare for my first Kimono de Jack meeting! This is gonna be loads of fun! I will write about it later so stay tuned in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed this post, got inspired or maybe even learned something new, consider leaving a comment to let me know about it! (。◕‿◕。)
Your appreciation is a big source of encouragement to me. ♡